South Jersey 609-781-1796 Call Us Email Us

Why Is it Necessary?

Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, when water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems – they thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water and these colonies can produce allergens and irritants. The best way to control mold growth is to control moisture.

There are several different types of mold and some are more hazardous to your health than others. Prolonged exposure to mold can lead to illness and sometimes serious health issues.

During my mold testing process, I take air samples and surface samples. These samples are diagnosed by a lab and they can give us information such as the type of mold present and how much mold is in the air by giving us a parts per million reading. During my inspection, I look for the source of moisture causing the mold.

It is very important to find the source of the problem so that it can be repaired to stop further damage. I use moisture detecting equipment which helps determine where the moisture has traveled. Even without the physical presence of mold, it is likely that there is damage behind the surface, if there is moisture present. This damage could affect your health and anyone else in the building, but it can affect the structural integrity of your home.

Buying or Selling?

Are you looking for an knowledgeable home inspector who can provide you with detailed and thorough information about your structure? You’ve come to the right place.
Close Menu